SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries. SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
This position is responsible for providing Sanitation support to the leadership team and employees at the site - including cleaning and inspections machinery and facilities, plus record keeping.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of sanitation program.
- Leads and trains on pre-operational inspections of equipment.
- Directs employee sanitation activities and establishes priorities for cleaning in keeping with effective operation and cleaning schedule.
- Ensures cleaning records accurately reflect which equipment/surfaces were cleaned, correct chemicals were used, and forms are initialed by cleaner.
- Ensure safe handling of chemicals and use of approved chemicals, including obtaining SDS.
- Identify challenges and concerns in order to communicate/ take corrective actions.
- Ensures effective employee relations, coaching and development.
- Manages master sanitation schedule and provides regular progress reports to managers.
- Works across all shifts for repeatable CIPS's conducted as per SSOP.
- Works across all shifts for repeatable CIP’s conducted as per SSOP.
- Works with the Outside Chemical Company Representative to troubleshoot Sanitations issues and drive cost savings.
- Ensure that all equipment and environmental surfaces are cleaned per SSOP.
- Ensures safety procedures, tools and record keeping are effectively managed.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Lead the facility through CIP validations.
- Assist with investigations, troubleshooting, and program review related to incident management.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Sanitation Program.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Manufacturing environment experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven ability to assign and verify task completion.
- Location: This position will be at the SunOpta Plant in Modesto, CA.
- Shift: This will be a day shift position M-F, 8-5; some weekend availability may be necessary.
- Physical Considerations: Employee must be able to stand for long hours.
- Work Environment: Over 50% of work is completed in the manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Supervisor
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Required Education High School
- Modesto Facility, 555 Mariposa Road, Modesto, California, United States of America