Body Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia
Body Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia (Collision Center)
Be a part of an award-winning team at Sunroad Collision Center at Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia! A Collision Body Technician evaluates collision damage and performs body repair on vehicles in compliance with factory and dealership specifications.
- Analyzing vehicle damage and working with the estimator to determine the cost of the repair.
- Straightening bent bodies, removing dents and replacing damaged parts that are beyond repair.
- Pulling or knocking out less serious dents, pits and dimples.
- Refinishing metal using a variety of tools, from metal cutting guns and hydraulic jacks to small pneumatic hammers and punches.
- Repairing or replacing plastic body parts, which are used increasingly in modern vehicles.
- Removing damaged panels and identifying the family and properties of the plastic used on the vehicle in order to determine the best method of repair before painting.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- One to two years of prior experience is required.
- Certifications from Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (ICAR) or Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) are preferred.
- Must have a solid knowledge base of the many functions required in repairing damaged body parts and vehicle bodies. Should be able to interpret vendor products and catalogs.
- Two years of additional experience in an apprentice program is recommended.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Must be very detail oriented and have an interest in automotive repair and technology.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read work orders.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Ability to regularly lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia (Collison Center) employees are offered a generous benefits plan which includes:
Competitive pay; Flexible Work Schedule; Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans; Health Savings Accounts; Flexible Spending Accounts; Paid Holidays and Vacation Time; Short and Long-Term Disability; Company Sponsored Life Insurance; 401(k) Retirement Plan; Employee Assistance Program; Vehicle Purchase and Parts and Service Discounts; Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More!
Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia (Collision Center) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $30.00
- Max Hiring Rate $35.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 7303 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111, USA