Daytime Cook - Maderas Golf Club
Daytime Cook (Full-Time) - Maderas Golf Club
Maderas Golf Club is a beautiful, picturesque, top-rated Golf Club tucked within the rolling hills of Poway. We pride ourselves on providing personal touch service, unparalleled course conditions, and memorable dining experiences. Located 5 miles from the I-15 freeway off Rancho Bernardo Road, and 8 miles from Highway 67.
We are currently looking for a Breakfast and Lunch Cook to join our team. Hours of Operation range from 6:30am - 6:30pm. Great opportunity for work/life balance. No Dinner service at Maderas but will be asked for preparation pertaining to certain banquets. This position prepares various food products for restaurant and banquet operations, guest consumption and enjoyment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow assignments for opening and closing procedures, as well as food production.
- Works cooperatively with co-workers and management.
- Prepares enough food products in accordance with production plan or forecast needs.
- Wraps, dates, and rotates food items.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation standards in assigned areas.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Prepares and cooks various items according to menus, special dietary or nutritional requirements, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Cleans, cuts, prepares, and cooks meat, fish, or poultry to a safe temperature.
- Alerts Chef or Supervisor of any equipment breakdowns, food overages, or shortages in a timely manner.
- Take your lunch break before the 5th hour of work, you are responsible for taking your entitled breaks and reporting arrivals, breaks and departures to Chef on duty.
- Washes cooking equipment such as pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other pieces.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields.
- Must have current San Diego Food Handlers Card.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Training required.
- Passionate about food and cooking techniques.
- Must be flexible in scheduling.
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 50 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods of walking or standing.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing.
- Well-rounded culinary skills, knife skills, cooking methods, meats, fish, soups, sauces, product identification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
Full-time Maderas Employees are offered a generous benefit plan which includes:
Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Paid Holidays and Vacation Time, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vehicle Purchase, Service and Parts Discounts, Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More!
Maderas Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and maintains a drug-free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00
- 17750 Old Coach Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USA