Service Advisor - Pacific Honda
Service Advisor - Pacific Honda
A Service Advisor works with customers to schedule service work and communicate any additional service needed. Service Advisors also handle the administrative and customer relations aspects of service department operations.
Employees in this position will be paid a base hourly wage at the applicable minimum wage rate ($16.30), plus commissions. Commission amounts vary based on performance, but the expected average annual earnings are approx. $80,000 to $150,000. The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum pay range expected for this role. Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience.
- Greeting customers
- Scheduling service appointments and receiving vehicle information.
- Listening to requests of the service desired and clearly explaining information on the repair order.
- Referring the technician to the customer and/or test-driving the vehicle to confirm source(s) of service repairs.
- Estimating the cost and time needed to do the repair, taking into account the customer's schedule.
- Handling customer complaints and maintaining high customer satisfaction standards.
- Periodically checking on the progress of the vehicle during servicing and contacting the customer when technicians discover additional problems; getting customer approval to do additional work and explaining the work performed and the charges being billed.
- Receives and handles requests from customers and distributors for price quotes, purchase orders, order adjustments, and order cancellations.
- Builds rapport with customers and works to ensure they receive excellent service.
- Uses computer database to retrieve necessary customer information, inventory information, and purchase order status.
- Provides pricing, delivery, and other order information to customers.
- Drafts purchase orders and invoices to submit to the accounting department.
- Maintains files of active orders and updates with changes to customer accounts or orders.
- As required, confirms credit status of customers with financial/credit department.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Two years of experience as a Service Advisor and general knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations is required. Service advisors must possess strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors. Must be able to work in a team environment, must be dependable with a high stress tolerance, and have good computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain good customer relations.
- Ability to type 40-50 words per minute.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn database and ordering systems.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience in customer service or order processing required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Pacific Honda employees are offered a generous benefit plan which includes:
Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Paid Holidays and Vacation Time, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vehicle Purchase, Service and Parts Discounts, Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More!
Pacific Honda is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4761 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111, USA