Parts Counter Person - Kearny Mesa Subaru
Parts Counter Person - Kearny Mesa Subaru
The Parts Counter Person assists all customers in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner. The Parts Counter will oversee the replacement parts inventory for the company's automobiles, maintain orderly storage areas and accurate records, and purchase required parts and assemblies.
Employees in this position will be paid a base hourly wage at the applicable minimum wage rate ($16.30), plus commissions. Commission amounts vary based on performance, but the expected average annual earnings are approx. $90,000 to $100,000. The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum pay range expected for this role. Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience.
- Answers customer phone calls, provides price quotes, looks up parts to fill customer request.
- Receives orders and estimates by email, fax or internal requests, assures the parts that are ordered are correct and fills order per customer request. Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to all OEM options.
- Fills orders from stock, notifies customer of out-of-stock parts that need immediate attention. Locates out-of-stock parts from outside sources and submits special orders.
- Notifies the customer or service advisor when special ordered parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts, verifies will-call and back-order parts and returns to vendors or to stock those items not picked up or required.
- Assures all purchases for parts are billed accordingly and paperwork is complete and reconciled.
- Issues credit for parts returned or ensures that parts are taken off of repair orders when turned in, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all parts orders, invoices, estimates, special order parts and keeps desk and counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Provides excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, also tries to "up-sell”, or provide “in conjunction with parts” to customers or technicians when appropriate.
- Works well with others, maintains composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Must have previous automotive experience. The following are also preferred:
- Knowledge of CDK/Dayforce preferred
- Previous experience working as parts counterperson at an automotive dealership is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of automotive parts and mechanical systems.
- Basic mathematical skills to develop and maintain invoices and inventories.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn the inventory system.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software programs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of experience in an automotive or truck parts warehouse, repair center, dealership, or similar facility highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Employees are offered a benefit package which includes Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Paid Holidays and Vacation Time, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vehicle Purchase, Service and Parts Discounts, Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4797 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111, USA