Reconditioning Technician - Toyota Chula Vista
Reconditioning Technician – Toyota Chula Vista
Toyota Chula Vista has an immediate opening for a Used Car Reconditioning Technician. Dealership experience and SMOG license preferred, but not required.
- Communicating with Service Manager to provide description of vehicle repairs and discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Inspecting vehicle chassis and frame for previous damage or repairs.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition regarding cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service.
- Test-driving vehicles and testing components and systems using equipment such as: scan tools, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Most technicians have two to five years of experience as an entry-level automotive technician and hold at least one National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in the eight automotive specialty areas.
- Technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state and local regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA policies.
- Extensive knowledge of the specialized area and general vehicle repair.
- Ability to inspect vehicles for previous body repairs and damage.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read work orders.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification for areas of expertise.
- Three years of related experience.
- Dealership experience preferred, but not required.
- Smog License preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
Toyota Chula Vista employees are offered a generous benefits plan which includes:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Vehicle Service Discounts
- Vehicle Parts Discounts
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Maderas Golf Club Discounts
- And More!
Toyota Chula Vista is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 650 Main St, Chula Vista, CA 91911, USA