Maintenance Technician 4
The Maintenance Technician 4 does complex troubleshooting, equipment rebuilds, modification, fabrication, installation, and repairs, servicing, and other related maintenance operations. Also performing a variety of tasks on production and winemaking assets, and training and mentoring other employees. Ideal candidates will have solid fabricating experience, plus mechanical skills and ideally some electrical as well. Needs to be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, possess a sense of urgency, and have a strong technical aptitude.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, equipment rebuilds, modification, fabrication, installation, and repairs, servicing, and other related maintenance operations.
- Demonstrate core skills of advanced maintenance practices, including machine theory, maintenance process, mechanical, lubrication, power transmission, electrical, sensors, pneumatics, vacuum systems and design and fabrication.
- Troubleshoot machine issues using a systematic, methodical approach with minimal knowledge of packaging or winemaking equipment.
- Utilize resources to develop a plan to resolve plaguing equipment issues on packaging and winemaking equipment.
- Lead or assist in all machine tear downs, rebuilds, preventative maintenance, and other projects.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings and parts breakdowns.
- Demonstrate understanding of lubrications, greases, and oils for packaging and winemaking applications.
- Demonstrate a strong core skill of power transmission components and systems. Must be able to properly select a gearbox and motor based on new or existing application.
- Identify electrical components within an electrical panel and use electrical troubleshooting tools.
- Weld all types of metals, including sanitary welding and other practices.
- Properly complete all documentation required. I.E., filling out proper requisitions, completing timely and accurate work orders according to process and matrix’s
- Train and share knowledge, experience, and technical abilities with other employees.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 21 years or older at time of hire.
- 7+ years as a journeyman industrial mechanic, preferably in wine/food industry
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Ability to MIG, TIG and Stick weld
- Must have a strong understanding of how electrical systems work.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate design, layout, and fabrication core skills. Must have knowledge in metal machining practices with the ability to safely operate a mill and lathe.
- Possess core skills of advanced maintenance practices, including machine theory, maintenance process, mechanical, lubrication, power transmission, electrical, sensors, pneumatics, vacuum systems and design and fabrication.
- Advanced understanding of PLC’s
- Must be capable of self-direction and work independently during the maintenance supervisor’s absence.
- Ability to interact effectively with other departments, peers, and supervisors.
- Must be able to coach and lead others to a common goal. Focus on achieving goals as a team and holding yourself and others accountable for their work.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment.
- Must be able to work effectively at heights of 40 feet and higher.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb tank stairs/vertical tank ladders and enter tanks through the manhole following required confined space safety procedures.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment.
- Hiring Hourly Range Posted: $33.22 - $49.83/hr
- Actual compensation will be based on factors such as experience; skills, knowledge, and abilities; education; and other position related factors.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $33.22
- Max Hiring Rate $49.83
- The Wine Group, 1777 Metz Rd., Soledad, California, United States of America