Seasonal Scalehouse / Test Stand Clerk - Fresno
The Seasonal Scalehouse / Test Stand Clerk reports to the Administrative Supervisor and is a temporary position for the grape harvest season. This person will be responsible for weighing inbound and outbound containers/tankers and grape trucks. Must keep accurate receiving logs of all inbound and outbound bulk shipments and complete paperwork required for all shipments. Seasonal position from appx. July - October or November.
*Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying the entire harvest season!*
- Scale trucks in/out
- Enter data into JDE.
- Communicate with the Cellar Department as needed
- Accurately calculate weights/gallons on weight tags
- Paperwork is orderly and accurate.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good analytical and math skills
- Computer literate
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work any shift, particularly graveyard for the first couple of months and day shift thereafter with minimal supervision.
- Weigh master certification preferred.
- Support and model all company procedures and policies.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values – Performance, Empowered and Cost-mindful, and keep them in mind when making all decisions.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a warehouse environment.
- Work activities may also include typical tasks found in an office environment.
- Hiring Hourly Rate Posted: $18.00/hr
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- The Wine Group, 7409 West Central Ave., Fresno, California, United States of America