Utility Technician - Bottling
The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America Req #1743
Friday, May 19, 2023
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Bottling Utility Technician must be able to work in various capacities as needed on various bottling lines. This role does general housekeeping and sanitation, loading of raw materials, inspection and re-work, and any other tasks needed to support production operations. Must be flexible to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, and graveyard).
- Safely work in various capacities in Bottling
- General housekeeping, basic equipment cleaning and general sanitation, including interior and exterior of plant, to support GMP’s
- Load raw materials, such as dumping glass, loading boxes, and loading trays and shippers.
- Inspection, rework and/or repack and participate in line readiness tasks that support production operation.
- Hand stack product
- Assist in relief or backfilling of Bottling personnel as needed.
- Take immediate action to rectify, communicate, and appropriately quarantine any nonconforming products.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency for safety, quality, and productivity.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job and the duties assigned and exhibit initiative to continually learn and improve professional skills.
- Other duties as assigned to meet production needs.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Knowledge of bottling operations preferred.
- 1+ years of manual labor, janitorial, or production experience
- Flexibility to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, and graveyard)
- Physical Strength: Active work; often standing and/or lifting for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Hiring Rate Posted: $20.20/hr
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.20
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America