General Winery Worker - Soledad
Under the direction of the Cellar Supervisor, the General Winery Worker is responsible for general winery work that includes sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, general cleaning, and any other winery related tasks. Ideal candidates have experience doing general or manual labor involving consistent heavy lifting and are motivated and work well in team environment. Come join our team!
- Able to read, understand and complete paperwork efficiently and accurately.
- Participate in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), programs.
- Ensure compliance with Safety rules and procedures,
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning tasks (e.g. sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, etc.)
- Operate related winery equipment safely, as directed by team leader or foreman
- Sanitize pumps, fittings and miscellaneous equipment parts as needed
- Sweep or pressure wash winery floors, and dispose of all trash and place in the proper disposal areas.
- Manipulate tank lids to ensure proper opening and closing of tank tops for cellar operations
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire
- 1 - 2 years of general winery worker experience preferred, OR general labor experience involving consistent heavy lifting in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be flexible with shift schedule
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
- Hiring Hourly Range Posted: $17.04 - $25.56/hr
- Actual compensation will be based on factors such as experience; skills, knowledge, and abilities; education; and other position related factors
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.04
- Max Hiring Rate $25.56
- The Wine Group, 1777 Metz Rd., Soledad, California, United States of America