Retail and On-Premise Trade Marketing Manager
The Wine Group (TWG) is seeking a full-time On-Premise and Retail Trade Marketing Manager, reporting to the Vice President, Trade and Shopper Marketing. This Trade Marketing Manager is responsible to lead programming and data analytics for a portfolio of Retail and On-Premise National/regional accounts, working closely with brand marketing and the Trade Development Sales team to plan, develop, execute, and measure in-store marketing efforts for TWG’s portfolio of best-selling, nationally distributed wine brands. This position can be remote, but requires travel to customers (and TWG marketing offices in Livermore, CA) – approximately 35-50 nights per year.
This person will thrive in a culture that is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions focused, analytical, team oriented, zealously cost conscious, and fun. This person will have a strong grounding in CPG Marketing best practices, and successful results track record building and/or selling alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands.
The ideal profile:
This is a specialized role within The Wine Group Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of (a) seasoned experience as a sales professional with significant Tier 1 CPG or alcohol beverage experience, (b) best-in-class skill, competence, and confidence as a consumer marketer, and (c) ability to define opportunities and roll-up their sleeves to accomplish goals without direct reports, a large marketing team or agency budget. More specifically, the ideal profile is as follows:
- Non-traditional Marketer: Skilled marketer with preferred experience from consumer-packaged goods and/or alcohol-beverage companies, yet comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment. Someone who is not afraid to turn a problem upside down to develop unique solutions.
- Creative Trade Channel Leader: (a) Intuitively “gets” brand(s) strategies, (b) deeply understands how to sell and pitch to customers, and (c) has the ability to marry individual brand strategies with retailer objectives, directing creative in line with brand positioning and developing engaging, cost-efficient retail programs. Effectively works side-by-side with brand marketing, sales, and distributor leads to develop plans and programs that generate new placements and/or increase sales velocity, while delighting consumers and customers alike.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record, Competitive Drive: Proven success delivering goals in an entrepreneurial venture, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, fluid learning, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks management needs to be accomplished.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Retailer and/or distributor selling leadership for a minimum of 5 years
- Preferred but not required: Brand management and/or On-Premise Trade Development sales experience from a" CPG company / alcohol-beverage supplier
- MBA and wine/alcohol-beverage category experience, a plus
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. (a case of wine)
- Hiring Salary Range Posted: $100,000 - $150,000
- Actual compensation will be based on factors such as experience; skills, knowledge, and abilities; education; and other position related factors.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Distribution Channels
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America