Production Engineer 2 - Ripon
Production Engineers are responsible for the leadership, training, and development of high-performance production teams with the ability to operate and maintain the equipment on the line. The position is responsible for ensuring that production demands are met by identifying and resolving any equipment, people, or process issues that contribute to equipment downtime or inefficiency. PEs are tasked with the responsibilities of leadership, training, and development of Technical Operators to improve their ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the equipment on the line. Safety, quality, efficiency (OEE), and reliability are the key metrics by which job performance is measured. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, troubleshooting skills, and an aptitude for working with production equipment and software are required. Hours typical of a production engineer will vary as the PE accountable for their line operating a 3-shift production schedule.
- Responsible for accurate KPI tracking and accountable for meeting KPI standards.
- Expected to work with operators to mentor, motivate, engage, encourage, and enable their development.
- Track first pass quality, developing plans to identify gaps in processes or systems, production team or equipment, resolving system issues, assuring production lines meet our quality goal of 100% FPQ.
- Expected to analyze opportunities on production lines, identify gaps in processes, people, and reliability, developing a plan to systematically resolve and eliminate issues with minimal direction.
- Develop and challenge Technical Operators to achieve departmental goals. Doing this through a multiple of medians: mentoring, coaching, one on ones, clear-expectations, and accountability
- Evaluate manufacturing systems, equipment, and components, systematically troubleshooting to determine root causes.
- Candidate must be able to develop complex detailed bi-yearly operations plans for assigned production line(s) to improve overall line performance.
- Develop specific manufacturing system knowledge across multiple bottling lines by studying facility, manufacturing, and process equipment requirements.
- Train and guide Technical Operators on equipment operation, maintenance or repair issues including in-depth troubleshooting methodology. Will function as Quality Control for repairs prior to resuming line operation.
- PEs are required to complete production team promotion (level up) walks, requiring Production Engineer to have a strong understanding of all equipment on assigned production line(s).
- Evaluate and improve PM processes and systems to increase equipment reliability.
- Spend up to 50-80% of time on manufacturing floor.
- Ability to work the day, swing, or graveyard shifts on a rotating basis.
- Set personal and measurable goals and report progress to leadership.
- Coach, mentor, engage, motivate, and discipline employees.
- Recommend changes in work methods, processes, and equipment to reduce costs and/or improve quality.
- Drive safety culture, behavior, and improvements on assigned line(s) and across facility.
- Enforce the company’s work rules and CBA in a fair and non-partial manner.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Production Supervisors, Production Planning, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Shipping and Cellar Operations.
- Assist in development of capital plan for assigned production line(s). Candidate must use knowledge and skills to identify opportunities and develop a yearly capital plan to improve Safety, Quality, Operations cost, and Reliability.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- Candidate must have a proficient level of knowledge in mechanical processes, power transmission, pneumatics, automation, and electrical systems with an ability to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical or other similar types of Engineering. Mechanical aptitude is a must.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in a production setting.
- Must be self-directed and able to determine priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal support or direction.
- Knowledge of MS Office, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Rockwell Software and Automation systems
- Candidate is expected to use technical drawings and specifications of electrical and mechanical systems to ensure that installation and operations of new or existing systems are utilized properly to meet department and production line goals.
- Must have excellent communication skills in written/verbal English.
- Must have public speaking skills, being able to confidently communicate to large groups, ensuring departments goals are communicated with clarity and concise.
- Support and embrace all the company procedures and policies.
- Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values of: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible and Trustworthy.
- The working environment has exposure to both indoors, outdoors, and related warehouse/production equipment and associated noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the warehouse/production environment.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Hiring Salary Range Posted: $76,300 - $114,400.
- Actual compensation will be based on factors such as experience; skills, knowledge, and abilities; education; and other position related factors.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Production Engineering
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $76,300.00
- Max Hiring Rate $114,400.00
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America