Management Consultant (Health IT/ Electronic Health Records) - US
Applicant must be willing to travel as needed
Public Knowledge® is a national management consulting firm that helps government agencies solve tough problems and thrive in complex environments. We do this by providing planning, procurement, and implementation services. Most of our work is in Health and Human Services. You can learn more about us at www.pubknow.com. The GLI® Group has acquired Public Knowledge®, which provides Public Knowledge® with the financial backing and infrastructure of a larger company.
Inclusion is a core value of Public Knowledge®. We value and seek to create a more diverse workforce. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, people with different sexual orientations, people with lived expertise, and other diverse people to apply. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace that highlights the diversity in all of us and our experiences.
This management consultant would spearhead research efforts to gather information for large projects and programs and propose creative solutions. This person would collaborate with project managers and team members to support project administration, time management, and budgeting.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather information for a project by conducting interviews, surveys, facilitating groups, analyzing client documentation, conducting research of best practice and academic literature, and the application of other information gathering tools.
- Learn and apply the tools and techniques we have for projects.
- Work with project managers to support the administration of projects (ensure staff adhere to standards, organizing the time of other team members, supporting project meetings, and assisting with project financial management).
- Help your team meet project objectives, timelines, and deliverables within budget.
Analysis, Communication, and Consultation
- Using your experience and research results, analyze and organize information identifying root causes of issues, opportunities for improvement, and generate ideas to improve the client situation.
- Based on your analysis, research, and experience participate with your team in the development of recommendations for actions that will improve the client situation.
- Communicate the results of our work (information, analysis, and recommendations) through the participation in the development and delivery of written reports, formal presentations, and oral discussions with your team, and as requested clients and stakeholders.
Firm Knowledge Sharing and Growth
- Freely share your knowledge, skills, and abilities with your peers in the firm.
- Perform firm administrative activities (maintain your resume, record your time accurately).
- Grow your skills and experience by participating in projects and actively pursuing continuing professional education.
- Develop an effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Valid Driver’s License
Required Experience and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of Medicaid and Health IT that spans the development and testing of systems through the operation of the programs the technology supports
- At least three (3) years of project management experience, preferably in major IT systems-related work.
- At least three (3) years of experience conducting IV&V work, preferably in health or major IT systems-related work.
- Experience in systems development best practices and knowledge of the typical artifacts created as part of a system development project is required. Knowledge of Medicaid and or Integrated Eligibility is a requirement and familiarity with MITA. Knowledge of multi-project integration programs and multi-system data consolidation efforts is preferred.
- Knowledge of the components of Software Development Life Cycle and best practices including all waterfall and agile frameworks as well as SaaS, COTS, and Custom design solutions
- Must have ability to lead the application of analytic techniques and assist in defining the project objectives, methodologies, and principles.
- Must have experience performing a wide variety of analytical tasks with the continuous improvement of processes, personnel, organization, system, or training.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Experience with JIRA, Rational, Kanban, preferred
- Must have experience in bringing focus and organization to ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate creative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills Must have flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Must have ability to establish and cultivate strong work relationships
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Must have demonstrated life-long learning skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability and willingness to travel (reasonable travel will be required)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with officials at all levels in government and industry
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and cloud document repository)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites
- Ability to work from a home-based office
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to be self-driven, work independently and as part of a team
We offer excellent benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Benefits
- Flexible Work Hours
- Generous Vacation Program
*If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 732-942-3999 ext. 1436 for assistance
In accordance with PK's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace during the pandemic, we require all new employees to be fully vaccinated with a Coronavirus vaccine. You will be asked to show proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Think you've got what it takes? Apply online on our website and include an introduction to yourself and your qualifications.
This job post should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Famille d'emplois USA
- Type de paie Salaire
- Colorado, États-Unis
- Dakota du Nord, États-Unis
- Dakota du Sud, États-Unis
- Illinois, États-Unis
- Iowa, États-Unis
- Montana, États-Unis
- Nebraska, États-Unis
- Utah, États-Unis
- Wyoming, États-Unis