Management Consultant - Entry Level (Early Career) - US (Northeast)
Applicants must be willing to travel and should be within two hours of a major airport.
Public Knowledge® is looking to hire consultants who are early in their careers to contribute and team-up with us on our current and upcoming projects. This is a great opportunity for individuals who have a year or two of professional experience (OR people who are changing careers and looking at consulting. We have a great onboarding program as well as several cohort groups to support our current employees at any level in their careers. We provide experience and exposure through each position and offer an array of training opportunities. We strive to create an environment where our staff has a passion and purpose for what they do. Part of cultivating this is by having opportunities for PKers to take control of their professional development journey by choosing their goals—and achieving them with the help of individual professional development funds.
This management consultant would spearhead research efforts to gather information for large projects and programs and propose creative solutions. This person would collaborate with project managers and team members to support project administration, time management, and budgeting.
Public Knowledge® is a national management consulting firm that helps government agencies solve tough problems and thrive in complex environments. We do this by providing planning, procurement, and implementation services. Most of our work is in Health and Human Services. You can learn more about us at www.pubknow.com. The GLI® Group has acquired Public Knowledge®, which provides Public Knowledge® with the financial backing and infrastructure of a larger company.
Inclusion is a core value of Public Knowledge®. We value and seek to create a more diverse workforce. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, people with different sexual orientations, people with lived expertise, and other diverse people to apply. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace that highlights the diversity in all of us and our experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather information for a project by conducting interviews, surveys, facilitating groups, analyzing client documentation, conducting research of best practice and academic literature, and the application of other information gathering tools.
- Learn and apply the tools and techniques we have for projects.
- Work with project managers to support the administration of projects (ensure staff adhere to standards, organizing the time of other team members, supporting project meetings, and assisting with project financial management).
- Help your team meet project objectives, timelines, and deliverables within budget.
Analysis, Communication, and Consultation
- Using your experience and research results, analyze and organize information identifying root causes of issues, opportunities for improvement, and generate ideas to improve the client situation.
- Based on your analysis, research, and experience participate with your team in the development of recommendations for actions that will improve the client situation.
- Communicate the results of our work (information, analysis, and recommendations) through the participation in the development and delivery of written reports, formal presentations, and oral discussions with your team, and as requested clients and stakeholders.
Firm Knowledge Sharing and Growth
- Freely share your knowledge, skills, and abilities with your peers in the firm.
- Perform firm administrative activities (maintain your resume, record your time accurately).
- Grow your skills and experience by participating in projects and actively pursuing continuing professional education.
- Develop an effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Valid Driver’s License
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have experience performing analytical tasks with the continuous improvement of processes, personnel, organization, system, or training.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be extremely resourceful
- Must have experience in bringing focus and organization to ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate creative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills Must have flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Must have ability to establish and cultivate strong work relationships
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Must have demonstrated life-long learning skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced,and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability and willingness to travel (reasonable travel will be required)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and cloud document repository)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites
- Ability to work from a home-based office
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to be self-driven, work independently and as part of a team
We offer excellent paid benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (Per Year)
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan with 100% match up to 3% of your salary
- Anniversary Reward Bonus
This job post should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Famille d'emplois USA
- Type de paie Salaire
- Indicateur d'emploi Regular
- Taux min. à l'embauche 55 000,00 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 80 000,00 $
- Connecticut, États-Unis
- Indiana, États-Unis
- Maine, États-Unis
- Massachusetts, États-Unis
- Michigan, États-Unis
- Minnesota, États-Unis
- New Hampshire, États-Unis
- Ohio, États-Unis
- Vermont, États-Unis
- Wisconsin, États-Unis