Senior E&I EPD Reliability Engineer
Job Title: Senior E&I EPD Reliability Engineer
We are seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Reliability Engineer, experienced in working around pulp/paper mill equipment, with focused knowledge of electric power distribution (EPD) and motor assets. A reliability engineer focuses on overall process reliability of which equipment reliability is a major component. They must work hand-in-hand with maintenance and operations while being able to communicate effectively with suppliers, sales engineers and technology support. They will partner with operating and maintenance leaders to support the MWS process in the area. In crisis situations, they must be able to provide good technical direction, pull together a corrective action plan quickly, and roll up their sleeves to lend a hand when needed.
The E&I Reliability Engineer principle responsibilities are:
· Responsible for the overall Safety of the mill’s electrical systems
· Responsible for safety training development, implementation, and tracking for all Qualified Electrical Person (QEP’s)
· Lead the "improve" function of maintenance while also assisting with the "execute” function.
· Develop solutions to chronic repetitive failures by analyzing data.
· Support and provide expertise for repair jobs and capital projects.
· Manage (develop and maintain) assigned Global Manufacturing System E&I related elements.
· Develop short and long term plans for E&I related equipment that is reaching obsolescence.
· Responsible for long-term plans for all electrical equipment to sustain and improve reliability
The E&I Reliability Engineer will report to the Mill Reliability Leader with a strong working relationship with the Area Maintenance Managers, Front Line Leaders, Technicians, and Business Unit Superintendents/Managers.
· Proven safety record (individual performance and leadership).
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable engineering discipline.
· Minimum of 10-15 years of applicable experience is required.
· Comprehensive working knowledge and experience with electrical power distribution systems and equipment.
- Medium (115kV, 15kV, and 5kV class) and low (1000V) voltage equipment, including motor controls
- Turbine Generator governor and voltage control systems
- Electric Power Modeling (load flow, short circuit, coordination, arc flash)
- PM and PdM procedures based on both manufacturer recommendations along with NFPA 70B
- Electrical Safe Work Practices based on NFPA 70E
· Detailed understanding of electric motor systems
- Medium (4160V, 2300V) and low (600V) equipment. AC Induction and Synchronous, DC
- NEMA and Above NEMA Standards for design / purchasing
- EASA Standards for repair
· Overall general familiarity of and experience maintaining heavy industrial electrical and instrumentation equipment
- PLC/DCS Systems
- Measurement and Final Control Element Instrumentation
· Problem solving and decision making skills and experience on production equipment
· Ability to manage and lead multiple projects concurrently.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and SAP Plant Maintenance applications.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels.
· Action Oriented
· Managerial Courage
· Drive for Results
· Problem Solving
· Timely Decision Making
· Customer Focus
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
- Família de Postos Manufacturing
- Função da Tarefa Engineering
- Tipo de Pagamento Ordenado
- Eastover, SC 29044, Estados Unidos